SEO CONTENT STRATEGY
Not Having a SEO strategy is like building a beautiful hotel on mars. (There aren’t many customers coming there, isn’t it).
Are you looking to know an SEO process for your business that is credible, with a proven track record.
By following the process below, you can learn how a digital marketing agency optimises its pieces to be found through Google.
Here, we have a 5 step process-cycle to give you a plan to execute your SEO Content strategy.
By following this process, we’ve got onto the first page for “digital marketing agency london”. To confirm, have a look on Google.
1) Brainstorm your Keywords
Before jumping into what people are searching, get into the shoes of your target audience and think what are they thinking before making a search.
Thinking this way will allow you to make clear distinctions between different kinds of keywords. For example, keywords that drive traffic are generally different from the ones that drive sales. (Your job is to connect traffic with sales over time).
What is cool about Keywords Everywhere is that you can analyse your web pages and your competitors to see what they are using. By testing the market, you will get a better idea of how to approach SEO work.
For better results, we suggest using the premium version of Keywords Everywhere – Keyword Keg.
At a basic level, Keywords Keg will tell you:
- How many times a specific phrase is being used per month
- How competitive the phrase is rated between 0.01 to 1. The rating indicates how much time and effort it will take to rank for you
- The price businesses are paying for ads on, e.g. Google.
For the basic use, download the extension Keywords Everywhere to your browser. Then, edit the settings as per your requirements, e.g. for UK, change currency to Pounds Sterling.
Next, find the words your competitors are not using by being creative in your word search. A simple example here is using Real Estate instead of Property.
This is because untapped words will lead you onto the path of ranking number 1 more quickly for your SEO content strategy, while limiting your expenditure.
2) Group Your Keywords
In the old days, it would have been one keyword for every page.
Over time, search engine tools have become smarter.
So, group your key words when you are writing a blog or producing web copy.
For example, if your main keyword is “Real Estate management”, then you may also want to include the words “property management service”, “financial mortgage broker”, “furnishing”, etc. and compare the results.
By doing so, you will make your SEO Content Strategy credible when Google crawls your pages.
3) Analyse Competitor Pages
Your ideas will be contaminated if you analyse your competitors first.
So, start with your own ideas first before moving on to the next stage.
Once you can see what your competitors are using and how well their web copy is optimised for SEO, you can decide on what you are going to compete on.
In short, understanding other successful content SEO strategies are important to learn from but not start with.
4) Produce Content from Your SEO Strategy.
Now, it is time for application.
Producing content will help you rank higher, as long as you follow your SEO strategy. Use the following instructions:
- Form a purpose of your content. For example, you should well-cover the key issues and questions you will be answering for your customers to build credibility.
- Have in mind the personality type (e.g. DISC profiling) of the customer you are targeting. Personality profiles react in particular ways depending on how a point is approached.
- Produce headings and sections to get higher readability, and hence, website scores.
- Insert and place the keywords into the parts where they fit. Do not force your keywords in, as it will reduce the quality of your content.
- Build the content and produce related images. Then, title your images with keywords to get further SEO help.
- Revisit your content regularly and ensure paragraph angles and types of words used are in line with the personality profile you are targeting.
- Be straightforward and clear by reducing your word count. Then, if you can, add further quality content to the pages.
Finally, it is time to measure results.
In addition, revisit your writing masterpieces every few days with your SEO Content strategy and you will find at least a few necessary change.
Also, search patterns of your customers change over time and you should keep up with it to keep benefitting from the strategy.
Funded SEO Training
Get more details from Eventbrite and book your spot now. We will teach you two extra steps there to improve this strategy.
Or, get in touch with us here.